Eye Physicians of Washington takes your health and the health of our community very seriously. We now:
- Screen all patients for symptoms of and recent contact with COVID-19
- Offer contact-less check in and check out options
- Limit the number of people in the clinic at one time
- Require face masks for all patients and staff
- Arranged waiting areas for social distancing
- Enhanced cleaning of exam rooms and equipment before and after each patient
- Frequently deep clean common spaces
- We are seeing patients in our offices at this time.
- We will continue to offer telemedicine exams. Please call our office to schedule a time with our doctors.
- If you need a medication refill our would like to obtain a copy of your prior glasses or contact lens prescriptions, please call our office.
Pre-appointment check in
You may now check in via your own phone, tablet, or home computer where you can complete and sign all forms. Three days before your appointment, you will receive an email or text asking you to virtually check in.
- COVID-19 screening questions will be asked.
- You may update your contact information.
- You may securely scan your drivers license and current insurance card.
- You may securely add your credit card for contact-less check out.
If you answer yes to any COVID-19 screening questions, we will let you know how to proceed. We may ask you to reschedule your appointment.
At your appointment
- You will be required to wear a face mask at all times while in the clinic.
- Follow social distancing guidelines. Our lobbies are now arranged with widely spaced seating.
- Family members will not be allowed to wait in our lobbies; only caregivers may accompany patients to their appointments.
- We will check your temperature with a contact-less thermometer when you arrive.
- Hand sanitizer is available at check in.
- During your exam, all room surfaces and equipment are sanitized before and after each patient.
- Breath shields have been installed on equipment where you will be in close contact with our staff.
- We have implemented rigorous office cleaning protocols.
You may elect contact-less check out where you can pay your copay and/or balance via your own phone, tablet, or home computer.
Drs. Helfgott, Hargett, Pluznik, and Green-Simms welcome you to our office! Please call us to schedule an appointment at 202-296-4900.
Drs. Adelson and Patterson welcome you, as well. We all share the same office space, however their phone number is 202-496-9181.
Dr. Bachman has retired as of January 1, 2020. The other doctors in the practice will be happy to establish a continuation of his expert care.
The doctors and staff of Eye Physicians of Washington look forward to caring for you and your family. With over 70 years of service to the Washington, DC area, our goal is to provide personalized, sophisticated care in a comfortable setting.
We are privileged to care for you and your family.
We are located at:
1155 21st St NW
Lafayette Centre, Building 3
Mall Level, Suite 400 (Basement level)
Washington, DC 20036
Parking is available in the basement of the building. You may access the garage from either 20th St NW or 21st St NW.
When you arrive at Lafayette Centre, follow the signs for Building 3. Once in the lobby, take the escalator down to the Mall level and turn right. Our office is on the right side of the hallway.